Detailed Recital Information
(Click on each heading to view more information)
Mandatory Show Dress Rehearsal & Show Order
Every dancer participating in both the Saturday June 13 and Sunday June 14 recitals will have their recital pictures taken June 1-6, 2015 during their regularly scheduled class time. Dancers will have their pictures taken as well as an in-studio dress rehearsal.
All dancers will take a class photo that will be displayed in the studio for the upcoming year. This is of no cost to parents. For an extra fee, individual portrait packages are available, but will NOT be taken unless requested. At the end of May, picture order forms will be disbursed at the studio. If you would like your dancer to be photographed alone, please complete the picture order form and bring it to their class(es) on June 1-6. Pictures will be mailed directly to your home 4-6 weeks after the show.Please understand if your dancer is late or absent they might miss their photo opportunity.
- Recital tickets can purchased only online at www.ImpactDanceStudio.com beginning SATURDAY, MAY 2 AT 8:00 AM. A “Buy Recital Tickets Now” link will be posted on the website. The link will lead you to the auditorium seating chart and allow you to choose your seats, just like Ticketmaster. You can then print your tickets right from home.
Additional Ticket Information
- Tickets go on sale on Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 8:00 am
- Recital tickets are only sold online. Tickets for multiple shows can be made in one transaction.
- Ticket Prices:
Saturday, June 13 Rising Stars Shows – $12, $15, $20 per seat
Sunday, June 14 Hollywood Stars Shows- $17, $20, $25 per seat
*RESERVED SEATING FOR ALL SHOWS
- There is no minimum or maximum ticket number purchase
- All major credit and debit cards are accepted
- All 6 shows are entirely different. Please double-check which show your dancer is in before purchasing tickets.
- Once tickets go on sale, they can be purchased 24/7 until midnight on June 8. After June 8, tickets will only be available for purchase at the door on performance day.
- All ticket sales are final
Congratulate Your Dancer In The Commemorative Program
Don’t forget to send a special message to your dancer in the recital program congratulating them on all their hard work leading up to the big show. Submit photos and or personal message your child can cherish for years to come.
Hairstyle for ALL Dancers
- All dancers should arrive in full costume with hair and makeup complete for the in-studio dress rehearsal/picture day the week of June 1-6, as well as the recitals on June 13 and 14. Hollywood Stars who are having their dress rehearsal on Friday, June 12 will need their full costume including tights and shoes, however hair and makeup is not required. Dancers are asked to wear their hair in a ponytail for the onstage dress rehearsal.
- ALL DANCERS should wear their hair in a secure bun in the middle of the back of the head. Bobby pins, hair spray, gel, and hairnets are essential to make sure buns do not fall out while they are dancing. If your hair is too short to fit into a bun, please wear it half up, half down. Hair should be very neat and tidy. Bangs should be curled and sprayed, or pulled back into the bun with hair clips if they hang into the dancer’s eyes.
Impact Bun Kit
Once again this year, the studio will be offering an optional hair kit for sale in the main office; get them while supplies last. The kit will include 1 hair donut with directions on how to make a perfect bun, a hairnet and 12 bobby pins. This is a one stop shop for all your recital hair needs.
- All dancers should arrive in full costume with hair and makeup complete for the in-studio dress rehearsal/picture day the week of June 1-6, as well as the at the recitals on June 13 and 14. Hollywood Stars who are having their dress rehearsal on Friday, June 12 will need their full costume including tights and shoes, however hair and makeup is not required. Dancers are asked to wear their hair in a ponytail for the onstage dress rehearsal.
- We recommend all dancers, even the little ones, to wear some makeup on show day to avoid appearing washed out onstage. This is, however, totally optional. If you do decide to apply makeup here are our recommendations: black mascara and a plum-like purple eye shadow, pretty pink blush and a red lip looks great onstage. Please no fuchsia or very bright red lipstick. Older dancers’ makeup should be applied quite heavy for stage. Remember, the lights are very bright and without makeup, faces become washed out from afar.
Costume Delivery & Proper Tights and Shoes
Recital costumes will be coming home in May. The studio policy is to hold all costumes until the family balance is current. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Proper Tights & Shoes
In order for each class to look polished and professional onstage come recital day, we ask that parents purchase the correct color and style of shoes, tights, and or socks to be paired with the dancer’s recital costumes. Please find your dancer’s class(es) listed below and provide the proper shoes and tights ready for dress rehearsal day. All tights and dance shoes may be purchased at Impact Dance Studio.
Dance tights are required for the recital; please DO NOT purchase pantyhose. The proper brand and colors are available at Impact Dance Studio.
Please be sure you have the correct style and color of shoes for your child’s dance. No Ballet shoes will be allowed for Jazz classes, etc. The brand is not particularly important. The proper colored shoes are available at Impact Dance Studio.
All performances will be professionally videotaped. Personal videotaping will not be allowed at any of the performances. Please be courteous to others and respect this rule.
Recital Trophies & Flowers
- Recital trophies & medals will be available for purchase on Friday (dress rehearsal) as well as all Saturday and Sunday performances.
- Floral arrangements will be available for purchase during the Saturday and Sunday performances only. Single flowers along with small and medium-sized bouquets will be available.
Final Week of Classes
- The final week of class at Impact is June 15-20, 2015. There will be no classes held at the studio on Friday, June 12 due to dress rehearsal at the theater, nor will classes will be held on the day of the show, Saturday, June 13. Session 10 ends 1 week AFTER the recital. Dancers enrolled in Friday or Saturday classes may take a makeup class before the recital or during the summer session to make-up for classes not held on dress rehearsal and recital days.